Friday, February 12, 2010

2010 Winter Olympics

Well, tonight is the opening ceremonies for the 2010 Winter Olympics. I have never sat down and watch the opening, or the closing for that matter, or the games, but I think that since they are being held in our country the patriotic thing to do would be to watch them.
I always love Olympic time. During Olympic time you are never bored because there is always something on tv to watch. I never take interest in a cross country ski race any other time of the year, but there is just something about cheering on your nation in the Olympics.
Jaxon was born during the summer games in 2008. It was a perfect time to be up all night with a baby, and be cooped in a hospital room. Since they were in China, Curt and I would be able to watch the events live, in the middle of the night. I think that it was my saving grace to keep me from going mad having Curt be occupied with watching them, and not bothering me because he was bored. We when home from the hospital it was great entertainment for those middle of the night feeding as well.
We always said that when we have our next child it would be perfect timing if we could schedule it around the Olympics again, so we don't get too bored in our hospital room. Well, I guess we missed this Olympics...we will have to wait for another 2.5 years to hit up the next summer games!!!
NOTE: for all of you people who are asking us when our next child is coming along....here is your answer, Summer of 2012....hehehe!!!

No comments: