Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Tiger's Game

Friday my mom called me at work around lunch time to tell me that she had been given 4 tickets to the Tiger's game in Detroit for Sunday afternoon, and asked me if we wanted to go. Cara and Justin were out of town for the weekend, so instead of us spending the afternoon up at their place like we do every Sunday, we decided that we would pack up and head to Detroit for the game. It was one HOT day. Not that I am complaining, because I love this weather, but to sit in a ball stadium, surrounded by tens of thousands of people....IT WAS HOT!!!
When we got to the stadium to pick up our tickets...they had no record that mom's company had any for that day. They tried to tell us that they had them for the Saturday game, but not for the Sunday one, so after we tried for about an hour (thank god we got there early) we ended up having to buy 4 tickets at the box office. We were able to get really good seats, right on the 1st base line, and when we got in the stadium we were able to see our 4 seats...right behind home plate...EMPTY.It was a great day. With the head were had to make sure that we kept hydrated, Jaxon got the full experience of the ball game. He had pizza when we first got there, and then he had a hot dog later, and then a slushy after that. He was able to sneak his other favourite food (mac & cheese) for dinner when we stopped at Applebee's for dinner.It was a good game. The tigers kicked the A's but, but I love being at the game. I love the atmosphere in the stadium, and with so much going on around us, I really hardly watch any of the game. We did have to pay attention though because we got a lot of foul balls our way.This was Jaxon's second time being at a Major League ball game. The other time was when we went to Washington last summer. I was teasing Curt that I had to get a picture of them in front of the score board just like we did in Washington, and he wondered if we were going to go to every stadium to be able to do this. I told him that was a goal that him and his son could set for themselves, and maybe by the time Jaxon is 50 they will be able to fulfil it.

No comments: