Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Operation 'GET IN SHAPE'

In July when Cara and Justin announced their engagement, and asked me to be part of their wedding party, I thought it was about time to get serious about trying to loose some weight.
In August, Curt come home from work and told me that Dynafit was running a special on a years membership for $299.00, which was $100.00 off the regular price. It was a deal for corporations in town, and my mom knew someone from CIBC in Listowel that got it, so she thought that I should be able to get it, even though I worked out of town, I still worked for a corporation. If they would not give it to me through CIBC, then I could get it as a spouse from someone from W & U.
After trying to commit myself to walking at night was not working, I thought that I better give this a shot. With going to the gym, I could go right after work, and I would not have to come home and get comfortable, and then push myself to go back out. I had been talking about the deal one night when Matt and Jill were over here, and she said that she would be interested in getting it too. I called the gym last night to inquire about it, and was informed that the special ran for the month of August ONLY, but since there was two of us, if we came within a week, he would give it to us. We went down last night after work and got the membership, and tonight was our first 'work-out'.
OH MY LORD....I know that I was out of shape, but I didn't know that I was that out of shape.
We went on the treadmill, and I got shin splints. We went on the rowing machine, but it didn't feel like I was getting any sort of workout because there was no restraint on it. We went on the elliptical machine, and the back of my legs were killing me. I did three of the arm machines, and by the last set on the last one, I could hardly lift my arms out in front of me. I did some sit-ups on the ball, and nearly fell off the ball on to the floor. I ended the season by going on the streching machine, and this, by far, was my favorite one of all. All I had to do was sit there and lean back, and it streached my whole back out. Then I would just have to life my leg up, and it stretched them out for me too. No effort was put into this machine, and I LOVED IT!!!!
So, for day one, I did manage to break a sweat, and use a few muscles that I have not used in a very long time (as I can already start to feel it). Hopefully when I wake up tomorrow I will feel the same way about the new lifestyle changed that I have committed myself to for ONE YEAR!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well...It is the next day and I feel like.....***....But I am gonna stay commited hahaha....I hope...ONE YEAR....that seems like a long long long time....

Jilly

Sandi said...

Committed we are!!!!!
I know, ONE YEAR, we can do it!!!!

Anonymous said...

You go girls, I give you credit, the only thing that stops me from spending money on getting in shape, is knowing I will....NEVER....follow through with it.

Julie