Monday, December 04, 2006

A Day of Winter Creations

Yesterday I finally talked my mom into doing our Christmas greenery arrangements.
Last year we went to a ladies place, and for $5.00 we filled our own pot with the stuff that she had went to the bush and got, and we didn't have to clean up the mess after we were done.
This year I thought that it would be fun if we went to the bush and got our own greenery and did our pots in the garage. The clean up part was not that much fun, I definitely would have paid someone $5.00 to come and do that!!!
Curt, dad, mom and I headed out around noon and picked up some berries and dogwood on the Race Coarse side road, and then headed over to the Maple Keys Sugar Bush to find these three different kind of trees that we need to get branches from. Deer hunting season started today so we did not want to have to go into a bush to pick the stuff, just in case there were some early hunters, so we found all of the branches that we needed on the edge of the bushes.
After we had gathered all that we needed we headed back to mom and dad's and mom and I set up our work station in the garage. We were out there for quite a few hours putting our arrangements together. It was fun. Since I have moved out on my own I have found that my mom and I have a lot in common, and pretty much every season we get together and do some sort of outdoors craft....some great mother/daughter quality time.
In the end I did two VERY large arrangements (one for my front door for my urn, and one for Curt's mom), a medium arrangement (for my side entrance), and two small arrangements (another from my front...... ......and another for the side).
Yesterday morning I was out at Zehr's getting groceries and seen there arrangements sitting there and so I thought that I would check out the price.....$149.99 for most of them!!!! That included an urn, but still.....we saved ourselves $100.00, and they look just as good, if not better, then the ones there!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dam those urns look good. I think mine is at least worth $200 ?!?!?!