Friday, December 29, 2006

The Memories of the Past Week

What a week....it feels like it has just been swept up from underneath me, and all that is left are the memories of what used to be.
Christmas is such a busy time, and there is so much hype leading up to the big event, and then in a matter of 2 days, it is all over. It kind of leaves me a little depressed after though, there is so much excitement for a month before, and then boom....it's over. People have been telling me that I better get used to it though because it is the same with a wedding, although it is a lot longer then 1 month of planning, and then in 1 single day....it is over!!!!! With Christmas at least we can look forward to the next year, but I guess with the wedding I will not have another one to look forward too.....I hope!!!!
We had a great Christmas at the Strachan and McLaughlin households.
We started our Christmas by going to church on Christmas Eve with Curt's mom, dad, Abner, Karen and Destiny. That always get me wound in the spirit. That was about the only thing that did it though. When there is no snow on the ground it is sure hard to make yourself feel like it is Christmas!!!!
After church we went for a drive around town and looked at all the light, went back to Sid and Lois's and had a snake, watched a Christmas movie, and headed home.
Christmas day we woke up and did our present exchange between the three of use. Lexy, Curt and I must of all been VERY good this year because Santa was extra generous to us!!! We then headed back over to Curt's parents and had coffee and Bailey's in the hot tub, had brunch and waited for Trisha and Clint to show up to open our presents. They were running late, so we ended up having to open gifts without them there. After we got spoiled, we packed up the remainder of the unopened gifts and headed over to Curt's grandparents place to do our visit and present exchange with them and the rest of the McLaughlin family.
After we were done with the McLaughlin's, it was time to go and see the Strachan's. We went over to my mom and dad's for our family Christmas. My dad had to work on Christmas day this year, so we had to wait to open our gifts until he got home. He was to be home in fairly good time, but it ended up that he stopped at my aunt and uncles in Atwood, and his truck brook down. His company called a mechanic, but they couldn't fix it, so he had to leave it stranded in Atwood, and hitch a ride back to town with the mechanic.
Once he arrived, we opened our gifts with my parents, Cara and Justin, and my grandma Robinson. We then had a traditional Christmas dinner of lasagna, chicken wings, hashbrown casserole, and salad (we were having turkey the next day at my mom's family Christmas, so we thought that it would be nice to just have something simple), and cleaned up. Before we left we decided to have a heated game of pass the ace, and of course, neither Curt of I won!!!!
As usual, Curt and I both were spoiled by both of our parents, getting way too much....but greatly appreciating it.
So Christmas is all over for another year, and only 361 more sleeps until next year!!!!
Here are a few memories of the past week:
Curt and the dogs on Christmas morning at his parents house....... Curt and I gave Destiny the 'Deal or NO Deal' game, so after she opened it, Sid was teasing her and asking her where her dress was, so she went to the bedroom and changed into there flowergirl dress from Ryan and Nicole's wedding.......Curt and Trisha @ Grandma and Grandpa McLaughlin's place on Christmas day.......
Grandma Robinson opening her gifts.......
Lexy opening her gifts (with a little help from her dad).......
My mom opening the ring that my dad got her (for my mom and dad's 25th wedding anniversary she wanted a today, tomorrow, forever ring. she didn't end up getting it because they took a trip instead, so this year when both of her daughters got engaged, she thought that it would be great if she could get a new diamond the year that her daughters got thier's.....she got it!!!!!).......

No comments: