Thursday, February 15, 2007

Valentine Update:

Well....what a day yesterday turned out to be. Curt is just full of surprises. He used to be the most predictable person that I new, and I could pretty much play out his every move, but in the past 6 months he has shocked the hell out of me a number of occasions.
About 1/2hour after my post from yesterday I had a delivery of flowers to work. (I will post a picture of them tonight) It was an arrangement of Gerber Daisy's, two red and two white. First off, I am not a big fan of roses because they do not last long, and second, the mark up of the on Valentine's Day is horendus, so he went for my favourite flower, their beautiful.
I was home before Curt last night so I started to get dinner ready. We had steak, potatoes and ceaser salad. Unfortunately Curt had to shovel out the driveway when he got home from work, so that meant that I had to start the steak. I am not the best BBQ'er, that is defiantly Curt's department, and unfortunately I got the one side of Curt's steak a little crispy. I managed to get the rest right, and all he had to do was scrap off the first layer of the steak (the black crap), to enjoy it.
Before we sat down for dinner we exchanged our presents. I had got him a new pair of shorts, a couple of tee-shirts, and a new pair of swimming shorts (stuff that me will need for our honeymoon), and I made him a card. I had already got my flowers, so I did not expect to receive anything else, but the sly fox pulls another trick out of his bag. He had put together 2 pages in one of my scrapbooks. One one titled 1998 (should have been 1999, but no big deal, it can be changed later) and it was filled with the first Valentine's day card that he had gave me (homemade), and a picture of me with the first bouquet of flowers that he had give me, along with the card from them and the card of the florist that it come from. On the other page he had titled it 2007 and gone out and got some heart stickers, bordered it with them, cut out a few of his own heart, put them on a ribbon, made a homemade card and put it on the page. There was a big blank spot for a picture of me with my flowers I had got, and the card that accompanied them. Unfortunately I did not take my flowers home because I thought that I would be able to enjoy them more at work, so I did not get the picture with them yet, but I will get that done tonight, and complete the page!!! What a ROMANTIC.
The rest of our evening was as any other around the Strachan/McLaughlin house. We watched television, I worked on our wedding invitations, and Curt went to hockey @ 9:00.
I hope that Curt keeps these romantic jesters coming, even after September 15th.
To add to my comment from yesterday, I hope that Valentine's day does not change when we get married, as I fell that it was wonderful that way it unfolded yesterday!!!!

No comments: