Thursday, April 12, 2007

Easter

On Sunday, April 1 my mom's family had our Easter gathering. Since the Buck and doe was going to be on the Easter weekend, they thought that we should get together on the weekend before.
For as long as I can remember we have always had an Easter treat bag hunt. My mom has 5 other brothers and sisters, so I have a number of cousins and I can remember us all gathering in the back yard at my Grandma Robinson's house in Atwood. Our parents would do up the treat bags, and hide them in the back yard and all of us would be running around trying to find our candy.
This tradition still carries on, but we do not hide the candy for all of my cousins, we now hid it for all of the great grand children. Us grandchildren still get our treat bags, but the great grand children get to do the hunt.
Here a few photos of the kids finding their bags:

Hayleigh helping Sidney to find her eggs.

Emily sees on the in tree, while Hayleigh and Sidney sort theirs.

Hayleigh found one in the tree.

It is great that we can all still get together as a family, but when we all get there, the house is plenty full. It is also great that these kids will have the memories to take with them of the Easter hunts, as I do.

No comments: