Thursday, June 12, 2008

Let the Summer Begin

Well, or busy summer has begun. The summer always seems to slip by so fast because it is always a busy time of the year, and then before we know it our little one will be here.
Curt and I officially got our new vehicle last Thursday night, the only thing that needs to be changed on it is that the dashboard is still reading things in miles, instead of km, and it is being changed next week. We have also go running boards ordered for it, and they need to be put on it when they come in.
Curt is the best man in his friend's wedding this year, and he is busy with that. They had the stag last week, and the buck and doe is in a couple of weeks, and then the wedding is at the end of July.
Curt has been out on the golf course quite a bit lately, trying to get his membership used before his life takes a drastic change come the end of the summer, and he maybe does not have the free time to spend on the 'links'.
As for me, I can not seem to get enough rest lately. All I do is sleep and work it seems. I work all day, and then I come home and have dinner, and then a nap, and then get up and go to bed. My house is a disaster, and need a good cleaning, but it only seems to get done in little spurts when I get the ambition.
We have been working away at the baby's room. It is painted and the trim is up and all done, the carpet has been cleaned, and know we are just waiting for our furniture to arrive. I am picking up the crib and mattress on Saturday, and the change table/dresser should be arriving any day know, and then I will be able to get the room together. I will be glad when that is done, and then there will not be stuff lying around upstairs all over. Everything will be able to be put in it's place and then it might seem that my house is not such a disaster area.
Well, I am off to my monthly ultrasound this afternoon. The first week of every month I get to go and see my Dr. from Stratford on afternoon, and then my Dr. in Listowel an other afternoon, and then the next week I get to go for an ultrasound. Needless to say I have been having a lot of time off work for these Dr. appointments, but is will only get worse come July when I have to start to go and see the Dr.'s every other week. Oh well, what can they do.....fire me!!!!! As for the monthly ultrasounds it is so nice to be able to go and see the progress that the baby is making. Although it is getting harder and harder to see good pictures of it the bigger that it gets, it is still nice to be able to experience it. The last time I went for one I was 24 weeks, and the baby was measuring 26 weeks, and all my Dr. had to say to me was....oh, that is going to be a big baby.....GREAT. We will see what it is measuring like this afternoon, and I will try to post some pictures of it when/if I get some.

No comments: