Thursday, May 27, 2010

Great Weather

On Monday when we got home from the cottage we shipped Jaxon over to Gammie's house for the afternoon, and Curt and I went to work. I puttered away at the garage, organizing it and washing the floor to get ride of all the winter grunge. Curt went to work on the flower beds. We had got my dad to get us some mulch on the Friday, and we had pulled the weeds the week before, so he had all the strenuous work out the way. After I was done with the garage I moved on to the pond. It had no attention since the winter, so I was in need of some TLC.
We have not had fish in our pond for the last couple of years because we can either not seem to keep the darn things alive, or we loose all the water in the pond and they die from dehydration. This year, since Jaxon has such an obsession with fish, I thought we would give it another go so on Tuesday night after we had our dinner we all went out to the greenhouse and got some fish. They were 7 for $5, so we went for that deal. We brought them home and Jax and I put them in. Jaxon wants to feed them all the time...so we keep the food in a place were only Curt or I can reach it. We will have to see if Jaxon brings us any luck in the fish department...because Curt and I have not been very successful.

No comments: