Wednesday, February 16, 2011

First OFFICIAL trip to the Dentist

As some of you may remember, Jaxon had to make an emergency visit to the dentist last Christmas. Today he had an actual appointment for his very first check up. Both him and I had back to back appointments, and when we got there he wanted me to go first. I got up on the chair and get my teeth cleaned, and Jaxon felt that I should have been done after I opened my mouth and she looked at my teeth. He was not prepared to have me sitting in the chair for 20+ minutes having the dental hygienist working on my teeth.
We have been talked for about a month know about going to the dentist and the importance of brushing our teeth the that the dentist does not give us trouble when we go. We have been preparing him that he will have to open his mouth really wide and have the dentist look at his teeth, and that he is probably going to count them, and they Jaxon will usually show me how the dentist is going to count them.
So, after I got all my work done, and found out that I had no cavities it was Jax turn to get in the chair. No mommy...lets go!!! He did not want to have his turn, and he did not want to sit in the chair. I finally got him convince that he could sit in the chair, and that I would sit right beside him. He took a ride in the chair, but did not want the hygienist to clean his teeth. We decided that we would just call the dentist right in the check them, and that maybe the next time he would be read for a cleaning.
He probably only sat on the chair the way that he should for the time that it took me to take the above picture, and then he was ready to go!!!
Oh well...we will give him 9 months to prepare for the next trip to see Dr. Nuhn and hopefully he will co-operate a little better.

No comments: