Tuesday, March 08, 2011

V-day treats

So I realize that I am a little late with this post, but I did not take a picture of the final product until I remembered this morning with 1 of the 3 that we had left.
In my January's Today's Parent magazine there was a cute idea for these little suckers to attach to kids Valentine's Day cards. They looked easy enough so I thought that would be something special that I could put together for Jaxon to give to his class They can not take anything homemade because of peanut allergies, so these would be perfect because the candy is still in the wrapper, and peanut free.
I set up shop at my mom's house one Sunday to put these together after I had spend the night on Saturday night cutting the hearts out, and it turned out that my aunt Lois and my grandma were over in the afternoon. In no time we had 50 of these things put together.
The next week the list came home for day care with all the kids name on it for Valentine's and it turns out there are a lot more kids that go to day care then I first thought. After careful consideration I decided that only the kids in Jaxon's butterfly class would be getting Valentine's this year, and the rest would be distributed out to family and friends outside of school. I was not going to spend another 5 days cutting and putting more together for kids that Jaxon did not spend the day with...sorry.
So, here is the final product, and I received a lot of complements. They were super cute.
I do fear for my second child when/if he/she comes along though. I will need to be more prepared and start whipping something like this up 2 months in advance when there are 2 children that they have to be made for.

No comments: