Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Is it Spring Yet???

I. am. so. sick. of. winter!!!!
I am a winter lover, but after 3 months of it, I am ready for Spring to be here. I am so sick of having to get bundled up, as well as getting Jaxon all ready just to walk 5 feet to the car to run out to get something. I will be so happy when all we have to do is throw on a pair of shoes and off we go.
Not too much has been happening around our house lately. We had yet another bout of the flu hit us last week. I was down for 2 days, and Curt for 1 night. Jaxon managed to escape unscathed. I think that is proof that the flu shot is in our future for years to come. We had decided not to get it this year, but I did break down and have Jaxon get it when I took him to the doctor's after Christmas for his follow up from his ear infections. We are thinking that is probably what saved him this time around, and after having it 3 times in as many months, we are believers in it!!!
We have been potty training at our house for about the past month. I had a few Monday's off in February because I had worked some Saturday's in January and thought to myself that it would be as good as time as any to get into training mode, with having a 3 day stretch of being home. The first weekend did not go very well. By about the 6th accident on the Monday I wrote it off and decided that we would take a 4 day break and get back at it the next weekend. It was much smoother that time around. We have been big boy underpants full time since then. Although there has been days where I hit myself upside the head and wonder if he will ever get it, I know that there is no looking back know!!!Well, here is to a short term forecast of above freezing temperatures, and rain. Hopefully this time next week we will not have anymore of that white stuff to have to shovel.

No comments: