Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

Well, if you have been following my blog for a while, you will remember that in years past we took Jaxon to the a pumpkin patch each year to get a few pics, as well as get our family of pumpkins to carve at Halloween.
Well this year Jaxon is attending our local Nursery school here in town on Monday mornings, and they had a class trip planned yesterday to go to the pumpkin patch.
Since I am off work, I was able to go with Jaxon for the day to experience this with all the 2 and 3 year olds. Boy was I ready for my afternoon nape after that morning.
They started by having a little information session about all the pumpkins and gourds that they grow at the patch...well, this was above my head, let a long the 2 and 3 year olds. It was way too long, and not near attention grabbing to entertain them, or myself.After the information session we went to the corn maze, where my son had to be on the one to go off the trail. I had a little bit of a heart attack, and I am sure that my blood pressure was VERY high for the couple of minutes that we could not find him. All I could imagine was him last in the field of corn...and not being able to find him. Thank goodness he was just being his fast self, and when I got the end of it he was running ahead of everyone else, going to find the next thing.
After that we had to go to for a little time out in the truck and have a little talk about his behaviour.After we come to an understanding, it was time to join the others in the straw jump. He had a blast, jumping off the walls, and rolling around in the straw. It was then portrait time, which I only got 1 one, so this will have to do for the 2011 edition.
And then last but not least it was snack time with all of his friends, as well as they got to pick their own pumpkin and take it home with them. This was Jaxon's pick, and when we got it home he had to decorate it with some this puppy dog face that we had got for our pumpkins.
He had so much fun, but next year I think we need to take daddy, and we will be going on our own again....way too many kids, and way too kaotic!!!

No comments: