Thursday, October 18, 2007

the Honeymoon

Right after the reception, we had a limo pick us up at the hall and we headed to the airport to catch our flight to Panama. We stopped off at our house to get changed, and pick up our luggage, and then we headed to Toronto. It was a long day, but we were not tired. It was definitely the shortest trip that I have ever made to Toronto!!!! Curt and I talked about the day, and all the events. It was nice to be able to do that, because the day was such a blur. (this is us in the limo on the way to the airport...we do look a little tired, be were still on our addrenalin rush)
We got to the airport at about 4:45, and had to wait to get checked in until 5:30. After we did that we headed to our gate, and tried to get a few winks of zzzzz's.....but that really did not happen. We boarded our plane at 6:30, and I don't think I was on the plane for more then 10 minutes before I was out. I opened my eyes as we started to take off down the runway, but I was out again before the plane left the ground. I did not see any of the flight until we were about 1 hour out of Panama.
After we got landed, we had to take a 2 hour bus ride to our resort. I seen about the first hour, but the rest of that trip was spent sleeping as well.
But the time we got to our resort my contacts were so dried out all I could see was fog. It was not a real good first impression of our resort. As soon as we got checked in we headed to our room to wait for our luggage, and to have a nap. We just fell asleep, and the bell boy came with our bags, but we were able to fall back to sleep for a couple of hours. The rest of the day consisted of going for dinner, and then going back to bed. The first day of our trip was pretty much a right off. (That is why I didn't want to leave right after the wedding for our honeymoon. Unfortunately that was our only choice, so that is what we had to go with.)On the Monday we had to wake up and go to an information session. After that it was time to get to the vacation. We found our docking station for the week. It was right out in front of our villa, and was a foot deep pool that you could set your chair right in. It had sprinklers in it, so that when we got too hot we could go and get cooled down. It got so hot in the afternoon that I had to park my chair right under them to keep cooled off. There was a deeper pool attached to each end of it, so it was pretty much perfect. We laid in the sun, and then we we got too hot, we could just walk over to the pool and go for a dip.

Every afternoon we would head up to the hotel room so that we could have a little nape before we had to get ready to go for dinner for the evening. It was perfect. The only day that we did not get our nap was on Tuesday, but that was because we had a message on the beach scheduled for our nap time. I guess if you have to miss your nap, there is really no better excuse....right???

Wednesday was the day that the exhaustion seemed to hit me. It was hard for me to lift my head off the pillow in the morning, and when I finally did get up, I could only seem to keep my eyes open for 15 min. at a time. I think I slept pretty much to whole afternoon, and by the time it rolled around to go to dinner, I was good as new. It was amazing how it hit me, but I was glad it was a day that we did not have anything planned for, that way I could just relax and get rested.


Thursday Curt and I went horse back riding at our resort. This was the first time that Curt had ever rode a horse. We took some trails near the resort, but it really was not a true trail ride. The horses had been through it so many times, we did not even have to lead them. At one point my horse stared to turn around, and I tried to stop it, and the instructor said no, this is where we have to turn back.

On Friday we went on an excursion offered through the resort. We went to the Anton Valley (which was about an hour away, but it was all through windy, curvy roads).

We went for a hike through the rainforrest,

to a local market, and also to a place that is kind of like a zoo. There we seen all the animals that Panama would have in their forests. We seen everything from crocodiles to parrots to monkeys.

All the animals were in cages, but we did manage to see one monkey that was loose in the jungle. On the way back to the resort my motion sickness got the best of me, and I had to make the bus stop on the side of the road so that I could get out and get some fresh air. I felt the same way when we were on the way there, but I managed to get through it. On the way back I would have lost my cookies if we would have not got stopped when we did.

Saturday (our last day) was spend just lounging around, taking in everything. We laid by the pool to catch the last few bit of rays that we could. We took a walk on the beach, and pretty much did anything we wanted to do for the last time.

Sunday we had to be up at 5:30, and have our bags at the bottom of the steps for 6:00. Our bus left for the airport at 8:00a.m. It was an early morning, but we had managed to get our selves well rested throughout the week, so it did not effect us as bad as it did the week before. Sunday was the only day that we got to see the sun rise, and it was beautiful. There is something about seeing the sun rise over a palm tree, that just quite is not like looking at it over a big maple tree.On the way to the airport we got to see the Panama Canal for the last time. It is just amazing how you can cross a bridge, and on one side of the bridge is the Atlantic Ocean, and you look to the other side and it is the Pacific Ocean.

Cara and Justin picked us up at the airport, and we arrived back in Listowel around 9:30pm. Lexy and my mom were there to greet us. Curt's mom came over as soon as we got home, and we opened up our wedding presents. Lexy was glad to see us home. She has never really been away from us for any lengthy periods of time. A couple nights was the most she had ever been away, and this time it was for 11 days. For the next couple of days she stuck by our sides like glue. I think that she was trying to tell us something!!!!!

It was a wonderful honeymoon. Very hot, but absolutly wonderful!!!!!

No comments: