Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Wedding Preperations

Well, I am back. It has been a while since I have had time to get some pictures on here posted, but I'm back in action. I hope that this tardiness will never happen again.
A lot has happened in the time that I have not posted. We got married, we went on our honeymoon, I practicly got a brand new house with all the wonderful shower/wedding gift that I finally got home and put in place. It has been a whirlwind of events over the past 1.5 months.
I have got a lot of pics to share with everyone of our events, so lets get to it!
Curt and I got married on September 19, 2007 and it was the most amazing day of my life. I only wish that I could remember it. I was talking with my mom the other day, and I was saying how I wish we could do it all over again. I would not have changed any detail of the day, I would only want it to slow down. It felt like I had just woke up in the morning, and before I knew it I was laying on the beach in Panama.
For the wedding, my mom and I did all the decorating (with the help of many wonderful people). My dad was a wonderful help as well, making all the centre pieces, and getting the grounds looking just wonderful for the ceremony, as well as the odd jobs that we put him up to. Shortly after my sister's wedding, our weeks or hard work started. We made everything from the napkin rings, to all the little decorations that went up around the hall. It was wonderful to spend all that quality time with my mom, and I would not have changed a thing.
On the Thursday before the wedding we had all the girls over to my mom and dad's house and we all got our feet done for the wedding. Thanks to Jaycee and Carly for bring the shop to us, it made it more relaxing for everyone.
We also got the walkway from the parking lot over at Ideal Supply marked with a burlap railing (thanks to all the boys). My dad put the final touches to the back yard:and my mom put her final touches on the cake:By the time we went to be on Thursday night, pretty much everything we set to go. The only thing that we had planned on doing, and did not get done, was to set the seating up in the back yard. It was forcasted to rain on Friday, and since we were using strawbails and wood and didn't want it to get wet, we had to wait until the Saturday morning to get that all set up.
On Friday we headed over to the hall to get everything set up. We did all the decorating by ourselves, and it looked amazing. From hanging the canopy (that Lois made):to decorating the door ways:
and putting the final touches in the bathroom:everything looked amazing when we were finished:

No comments: