Monday, August 30, 2010

Where has the time gone?

Well, today was Jaxon's first day of 'school'. It is actually day care, but it felt like I was sending him to school. We had to get his back pack packed, and put labels on all of his things. Pick out his outfit for his first day, and go to bed nice and early so that we could get into our new routine.
Our summer has been relaxing, and there really has been no routine involved in our days what so ever, so now we have to go back to getting up earlier to get out the door on time, laying our cloths out the night before, and having everything packed an ready to get out and start our days.
It was hard dropping him off this morning. My heart was aching. He is the youngest child there. They usually have to be 2.5 years old to go to day care, but they are allowed to have 3 children that are only 2, and since Jaxon only turned 2 less the 2 weeks ago he is the youngest. He was not sure about me leaving him there but then he saw that they had an elephant, and tiger and giraffe, he was OK with going to go and play with them. That is when I made my move and snuck out. It was a tear drive to work, and I have been waiting all morning to call and check in with them to see how thing are going. I wanted to wait until he might be down for his afternoon nape. When I called I was reassured that he was doing fine. He had asked for me a couple of time, and although his lip was out a few time, there had been no tears shed. FEWF...all is good.
I hope that he is still talking to me when I go home tonight since I dropped him off at the strange place and never did say good bye. I am sure he will love it, as I know that he needs it. He is an active kid and they will keep him nice and busy. He needs to be around other kids and he will get that at day care, and more!!!

No comments: