Tuesday, August 31, 2010

First Day IN

Well, we successfully completed our first day of 'school' yesterday. He was still talking to me when I arrived home last night and was very excited to show me his painting that he had done.
Apparently they had to wake him from his nap yesterday afternoon though, and that never is good. He was a little bit of a bear for the afternoon but he will soon learn that he might have to cut his 4 hr. sleep in the afternoons down. He apparently went to sleep fine though. That was my biggest fear. I would have love to seen it. They say they set up 25 cots in this one room and they all lay side by side in their own cot for their nap. I did not think that there would be any way he would go to sleep under those circumstances, but apparently he proved me wrong.
Today was looking good. We pulled into the driveway, and he said 'cool'....for school and then when I was getting him out of the car he told me he was going to paint. We entered the door with a big smile on our faces and he said hello to all. We hung his back pack up in his cubby and put his hat on his hook, and then he was attached to my neck. He did not want down. He did not want to play with the boys that were playing with the tractors. He did not want to go and see the girls. He did want to play with the elephant, but only if I was holding him. When I left he was in the teacher's arms crying....so hopefully after I walked out the door the waterworks stopped and he played just fine, which I am sure that is what happened...;)

No comments: