Wednesday, September 08, 2010

On The Mend


What a week we have had around our house.
I am not sure if I mentioned it, but during our holidays I was just not feeling myself. Achy body, bad head ache, chest and tummy pains and the diarrhea were all the symptoms that I had present when we were at the cottage. The symptoms stayed with me through the weekend and progressively got worse over Monday and Tuesday. By Tuesday night I thought I was dying. I could not even lift my head of the pillow without shooting pains into my head and nearly throwing up.
I did make my way into work on Wednesday, but as soon as I got in there I headed down to the couch and had to call my manager in from her holidays so that I could go to the hospital.
It ended up that after 10 hours in the ER they admitted me to the hospital with viral meningitis. No laughing matter. After about 24 hrs of being on IV and IV Antibiotics I was coming around. Except for a trace of a headache, I was feeling back to my old self. I was discharged from the hospital on Friday around noon and proceeded to come home thinking that I could get my house cleaned and laundry done. Well, after I was home and got one load of laundry put in the machine I was whipped.
I have soon learned what a toll a virus like this can take on your body. It is know a week later, and I am still not back to my self, and defiantly not back to work. It takes me about 2 hour in the morning to even get my self ready when I have to sit down and even lay down to regain some of my strength back. I am planning on going into work on Friday morning for a couple of hours to go through some e-mail and set my week up for next week. It has been nice to be at home, but I am kind of getting bored. Jaxon has been going to day care so that I can rest and although that sounds like a nice day, after about the second day if I had the strength I would have jumped in my car and went to work. We will see how it goes Friday. I might be wishing I did not say those words.

No comments: