Sunday, May 06, 2007

Robinson's 'Double' Shower

Well, the day after my Buck and Doe my mom's family planned a shower for my sister and I.....how nice of them.
The day was great, except for the fact that my tummy was a little upset, and I was extremely tired. Thank god that Cara was there to take the attention off of just me. I did not feel like I was that gracious of a bride, even though I was more then thank you for all of the wonderful gift that I recieved, but I do think the everyone there understood my reasoning on why I was not that social.
Cara and I both got a lot of great gifts, and I can not wait to get them home and up in our house. Right know they are all sitting at my mom's in the basement in case anyone wants to view the gifts!!!!

my mom had these stones painted for Cara and I. they are of a bride and groom, and they have our names on them, and the date of our wedding.

my cousin's wife gave us these planters done up. this is one gift that I did take to my house, because I thought it would not do to well in the basement, and by September 15, it would probably be dead. the shower was a garden them, and this was one of few 'garden themed' gifts that we received.

Curt's grandma Marg, me and Lois
My grandma Robinson, Grandma Strachan, mom, Cara and I.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I forgot to tell you. I checked with Brad when I got home from the shower & he confirmed that we did start using shower gifts as soon as we brought them home. This year is our five year anniversary, so we obviously were not struck down for doing so.