Monday, May 28, 2007

Thank-You BBQ

On Saturday night we had everyone over that helped out at our Buck and Doe for a BBQ to thank them for all of their hard work in planning the event, and putting it on. It was a blast!!!!!
Saturday morning I got up nice and early and headed down to the St. Jacob's market to get all my fresh fruit and veggies for dinner, and I picked up the steaks at Stemmler's Meat in Heidelberg. I then got home and went to the grocery store to get all the stuff that I was not able to pick up at the market. I got home and spent 4 hours in the kitchen preparing everything, and while I spent all of this time doing all the preparation work, Curt got to be on the golf course.
Before everyone got there I had time to do up my flower pots with the flowers that I got at the market as well.
Everyone came over around 4:30, and we sat outside all evening. I was getting a little worried all day because it looked like it was going to rain, but about 1/2 hour before everyone showed up the clouds brook through, and the sun came out.
We played Texas Horseshoes, The Golf Ball Game, had an awesome meal (if I may say so myself), and all together had a great time.
A few people had to take off after we ate dinner (a.k.a. the ones who have kids), but the rest stuck around and we sat out on the deck all evening, until it started to rain.
Sunday I got up early, and managed to get all of the clean up done before Curt even thought of lifting his head off the pillow. Actually, I had to wake him up in the early afternoon to see if he would like to eat brunch with me, or if he was going to make is own when he woke up.
So.....all together I put 6 hours into the preparation for the party, and probably about 2 hours for the clean up, and all Curt did was BBQ, and he gets the praise for cooking such a great meal!!!!! I tell you, in my next life time I would like to come back as either Curt, or Lexy;)

Me, Tate and Jilly preparing the salad.


Curt cooking his 'great' meal (notice the beer in hand), he really outdid himself.

Tate, Jill, Addy & Laura

The games.

The spectators.

No comments: