Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Another long weekend bits the dust.....

Well, this past weekend was the second last one for the summer, and where did it go. Friday night Curt and I laid low and just rented the movie 21. It was one the Curt wanted to go to the show to see, and we did not manage to get there to see it, so ever since it has come out on video 2 weeks ago we have been trying to get it and we finally managed to do so on Friday night. It was a good movie, if anyone is looking for one to rent.

Saturday Curt had a tee off time at the golf course @ 8:30a.m., and my mom and dad had a wedding to go to so my mom come over and we did her hair. While she was there I got her to give me a pedicure....which was great because I was not feeling that well all day, so it kind of lifted my spirits. After Curt and the guys were done with their game of golf they came back to our place and sat in the pool (Curt got a new Montreal Canadien's pool this year, to replace our old one) and played a game of boccie ball around the neighborhood. Most of the guys wives came over as well, and we had a BBQ for dinner. It was a pretty early night because most of the guys had had enough beer in their belly since they teed off at 8:30a.m. and had consumed a few on the course.

Sunday I was feeling a little better, so we headed up to the cottage because Curt' s family was having a family reunion up there for the weekend. The big thing was on the Sunday, so that is what we headed up for. It was not at Curt's families cottage, but up the road at another cottage that someone had rented, so we got all packed up and went down there for the day. It was really great to get up there because Curt's cousin Drew & his daughter Madison were home from Calgary and also Destiny was home, and it was her last weekend, as she flies back this week. We spend the day up there, and headed home around 8:30. There were too many people staying at the cottage, and there was not really that much room for us to spend the night, and with me not feeling the greatest, I thought it would be best if we just went home for the night which I was glad we did because then I got to wake up in my own bed in the morning.

Monday was a work day for me, but it took me until 11 to get my butt out of bed, and then it took me about 5 hours to get what would usually only take me about 2 hours to get done. I would do some work for 30min. and then I would have to take a break and rest. I am soooooo ready for this baby to come so that I can somewhat get my body back to normal, and possible get my energy levels back on track.
We rearranged the dinning room and the living room so that we could accommodate the swing and the cradle a bit better. We know have some more room for when we start to get all those toys that they baby will need. It make me feel a little bit better that is one thing off of our list to do.
We went over to my mom and dads for dinner on Monday night then, and then home to bed.
Another great weekend, but still no baby. Hopefully it will not be too much longer and I will be able to post about the new arrival to our family!!!!!

No comments: