Wednesday, August 06, 2008

The Baby's Room

Here are some before shots of what the room some what looked like before we started with the changes:








And here are the changes, and the almost final product of the Baby's room:

This is the crib. We are still waiting for the change table, as it has been on back order for more then 2 months. The theme of the room is teddy bears, and the bedding is called B is for Bear. It is sooooo cute. I did not think that I wanted a theme in the room, but as soon as I seen it I fell in love with it, and as soon as I felt it (it is sooooo soft) I know that was it!!!!

This is the corner that has the laundry hamper in it, and was have also put all the bathing supplies there. I really like the cute little froggy bathtub that we got. It is soooo cute. This corner is also sporting the bouncy chair that I got the baby for the time being. I am sure it will be down stairs most of the time though.

Here is the glider rocker that we got. I was not going to get one, mostly because I could not find one in the espresso finish that the rest of the room was done in, but Sears just come out with one in the finish so we scooped it up. The quilt on the back of the chair is one that my grandma Robinson made for the baby. She made it and had no idea that the room was being done in teddy bears!

The closet doors both used to have cork on them, but I decided to change it up a little. The cork was all coming off the doors as well, so for the one I re-glued it and kept it and then the other I painted with chalk board paint and bought some chalk so it will be fun for when the baby is a older.

Here are the shelves that are going to be hanging above the change table/dresser (if it ever arrives). We still have one of them that has room on it for stuff like pictures and all that fun stuff.

This is a board that I had got from Creative Memories back at Christmas and I was going to give it as a give. You can change the stuff that you put on it. It is just on there with magnets, and it has a string on it that you can pin stuff to as well. It will fit a 12x12 piece of paper, if you wanted to do a scrap booking page and just place it on there as well. Right know I just have little stuff like verses and some ultrasound pictures on it, along with the name 'Bean' because that is what I have called this baby ever since I found out that I was pregnant. Hopefully when the baby arrives I will be able to keep up to changing the stuff on the board!!!!!

So as I mentioned, the only thing that we need to get is our change table/dresses that has been on back order for over 2 months. Other then that, we are all set for Bean to arrive, and we are just patiently waiting know!!!!!!!

No comments: