Monday, August 11, 2008

Last Ultrasound

Well, yesterday was probably my last ultrasound before this little bundle of joy that I am incubating in my tummy finally decides to show it's face to the world.
I had my ultrasound, and the a Dr. appointment with my Dr. from Stratford right after it.
We got some good shots of Bean this time around, which was a pleasant surprise because they say as they baby gets bigger the harder it is to get a good shot of them.
The ultrasound tech was doing her thing, and taking all of the measurements that she needed to, and when she was taking the abdominal circumference she asked me how many weeks I was. I told her that I was to be 37 on Wednesday, and she oh, that is interesting. Apparently the measurements that she took did not even register on the growth chart, that means it is was measuring after 40 weeks. After she got everything that she needed she took some fun shots for me. The left on is of the baby face on. You can see it's little nose and lips. You can not make out the eyes, but you can see that it looks pretty squished in there. his one hand is over it right eye, and the other is rested on it chin. It's little face looks so chubby. I just can not wait to see what it is going to look like. This is the first picture that we have ever got out of all 8 of my ultrasounds that you can actually see it's features. It totally makes me wish that we would have got a 3D ultrasound so that we would have been able to see it that way, but I could not bring myself to pay the $150+ for one.
The left picture is just of the heart rate. It usually measures any where between 140-160. Yesterday it was right in the middle @ 151. If you go by the old wise tales about the lower heart rate for a boy, and higher for a girl I do not know where we would fit because it is always right in the middle.
The other last one is just of a profile. We usually always get one of these, but this one is really good this time around.
Well, the count down it on, and I just can not wait to meet this little person.
I was joking around with my Dr. after they told me the weight after my ultrasound and told him that I was rethinking this whole natural child birthing experience, especially if the baby decided to stay in there for a couple of more weeks, and it could be more then 10lbs. He thought I was serious, but I had to tell him that I was just joking around, and we would give it a shot, but if it had to work out with a c-section, that would be fine too!!!!
Only 22 more days left, until my due date.....hopefully not that long though!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

My bet is on a girl then, although I really do hope it is a boy. Jason needs some more little guys to play with.