Thursday, October 23, 2008

A day with Addy

Last week Jaxon and I were over to visit my friend Laura and her 3 kids. She was telling me that on her days off she could never get anything one having 1 almost three year old, and twin one and a half year old boys. I kind of understood what she was saying, because there are some days that I do not get anything done, and that is only with one child. I so graciously offered to take her oldest off her hands some Thursday so that she could get something done if she wanted. When I offered she said she might even go to the city shopping if she would only have two. I then offered to take the all, if that was what she was planning, and was turned down....thank god.
Anyways, today was the day that Addy came for the afternoon. Jaxon and I started our infant program this morning, and then we went and picked her up when we were done. I had this whole day planned, but for those of you with kinds know you really can not plan a day to a tee. We made our own pizza for lunch, went to the grocery store, went for a walk around the block, after she told me that it was too long of a walk to go to the dollar store...that was what we had to settle for. When we got home we decided that we would watch a movie and then we baked apple dumplings....(oh so good, if anyone wants a good recipe, thanks Carrie for directing me to it). We waited for our dumplings to cook, and then it was time to take her home. We packed up a plate of them for her to take with her, and I took her home.
I am exhausted. I am soooo glad that I only have one to contend with on a daily basis. She is used to having the caos of a baby around, so it really did not even fase her one bit when Jaxon needed my attention, but he was soooo good, which was nice for her. She probably does not get a lot of one on one attention around home....having the twins boys always around, and she probably liked it. I liked it too because I actually had someone to do something with without baby talk involved. It was fun!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: