Monday, October 20, 2008

Two Month's

Dear Jaxon,
Well little man, you are two months old and I am not sure where the past 2 months have gone. You definitely are starting to get your own little personality and I absolutely love getting to know everyone thing about you.
This month we saw your first smiles...and many more followed that. It melts my heart every time I get to see you smile...as I am sure soooo many other things will do when you discover how to do them. You are a happy little baby just as long as you are not hungry or tired. After you wake up from a nape you will sit there and just kick up a storm with smiles pasted on your face, that is until you realize that it has been 3 hours and it is time to eat. At first the only people that you would show your smiles to where mommy and gammy and your auntie Cara was really getting disappointed that you had none for her but you know will flash them for just about anyone.
You also had your first sleepover this month. You spent the night at Gammy and Gampa's house on a Friday night so that your mommy and daddy could get a full nights sleep. That was wishful thinking because you probably slept better then mommy did. I was up all night wondering what you were doing, hoping that you were sleeping, and wishing that you would not marking any new milestones on your life without me. You also had your second sleepover at auntie Cara's, but mommy slept much better that night.
You have always been a good sleeper, once we realized that you preferred to sleep on your tummy rather then on your back, usually only waking up once during the night for a feeding. This past week you have decided that you are going to give mom a good stretch of sleep, and you started to sleep though that night. This is something that I really appreciate. I used to be a person that LOVED my sleep, and always wondered what it would be like when I had kids. I soon got used to the sleep deprivation and know it almost tires me out even more to get a full nights sleep. I will soon get back in the grove.
You are a very social little boy. We are always on the go and you do not seem to mind it one bit. That is good because your mommy and daddy live a pretty busy life, and you have adapted to with no problems. You were to your 1st birthday party this past weekend for your friend Jace Meulensteen and you also celebrated your first holiday, Thanksgiving, with the McLaughin and Robinson families, and will be celebrating with the Strachan's this coming weekend.
You are a very spoiled boy as well. My shopping trips used to be all about me, but know I come home from them with stuff for you, and don't seem to buy a darn thing for myself. Your Gammy was shopping in the states this past weekend as well and seemed to come home with more stuff for you then she did for herself I think.
You are loved sooo much by all your family, and you are very lucky to have both sets of grandparent so close to you. They always try to get over to see you if they have not had the chance to in a couple of days, and you love spending time with them.
You are an ever changing boy...always growing. You have outgrown all your newborn cloths, and are in your 3-6 month stuff know. We go to the doctor's on Monday to get your first set of shots, and we will see what you weigh then, but at the beginning of October, with the health nurse, you were 12lbs. I like to call you my little chunky monkey....and I would not trade you in for anything in the world. We love you soooooo much, and never know how much you would complete our lives. We are very lucky to have you.
Love Mommy

No comments: