Saturday, October 11, 2008

Where does the time go?

Well, my little man will be 8 weeks old on Tuesday, and I have no idea where those 8 weeks have gone. I can not remember what life was like before he came into it, although I did get a little taste of what it used to be like last night when he went to my mom and dad's for his first sleepover. It was still not the same though, because all I could do was think about him...what he was doing, hopping that he was sleeping for them, and wondering if he was hitting any new milestones without me. I would have never thought that life would come to this!!!
Anyways, Jaxon is the sweetest little thing that you could ever imagine. He is pretty much the perfect baby. He just eats and sleeps, but I am finding that he is starting to be awake a lot more during the days know. He will have a day where is his awake for a pretty good portion of it but then he will have 2 days where is sleeps all the time, to get caught up. He has stared to really recognize people and if we are lucky we will even get a smile out of him. It just melts my heart when I see him smile. He loves to cuddle with me and I love that time that we get to spend together doing it. I know that some day he will probably not even want to be seen out in public with his old mom so I am going to cherish all the cuddles that we get know.
I am absolutely loving being off on maternity leave. I thought that I might get board not knowing what to fill my days with but that probably will not be the case. The days seem to fly by and when Curt gets home from work I have a hard time believing that they day is gone already and most of the time we have nothing to show of it. We fill our days with going for walks, and taking napes together. The odd day I will lift a dust rage or push the broom across the floor, but most of the time I just like to sit and watch my little man as he changes everyday.
Last week Curt's sister Trisha had her baby, another baby boy. That will be nice for Jaxon to have a cousin that is only 6.5 weeks different in age. It is also nice for me, because we will be off together and we already have things planned to do together with the boys.
Yesterday we went out for our first real family day. We took Jaxon to Naumans Pumpkin Patch to get some pictures of him, and also to pick out or pumpkins to carve. We decided that we will try to make this an annual outing as it was a lot of fun. I had never been to an actual pumpkin patch to pick out my pumpkin and decided that this was something that I wanted to raise my kinds going. They had so many other things to do there and it will be a lot more fun to take Jaxon to when he gets a little older.
Anyways, I have been bad at posting since Jaxon arrived, and I thought that I would be really good and try to get something on here on a daily basis. I can only say that I will try to get better as Jaxon gets older and has more stuff going on his life.

No comments: