Sunday, November 05, 2006

I am exhausted....and I didn't even do anything!!

Yesterday Curt and I had to get up really early and go over to his parents house and tell them the good news. They had been away the night before, so we were not able to tell them then, and thought that we better get it done before they herd it from someone else.
I had plans to go to Jill's cottage to get the grapevine for my urn, so my mom and dad came and picked us up about 10:30. We headed to Belmore to a couple of craft stores, to the Grey Ox for their open house and then to the cottage. We loaded the back of the truck up and headed for home.
I was really tired because I did not sleep very well the night before due to my excitement, so when we got home we decided that we were going to lay our head down and have a little nap. That was soon disrupted with Curt and all of the guys coming over. Curt had invited everyone over to our house to celebrate our engagement!!!!!
Later on in the evening we decided to go to a Buck and Doe in town. We headed there around 10:30, and by 11:15 I was ready for home. Jill and I came home and left the boys to do their celebrating, and as soon as my head hit that pillow, I was out.
This morning I woke up and headed over to my mom and dad's. It was a day of lessons. I was to learn how to make my very first pie....pastry shell's and all!!!! I am to make 2 to take to our church's foul supper this week, and thought that I better do a test run before then.
My grandma Robinson, Jaycee, Cara, Justin, Mom, Dad and Curt were all my test dummies. I am happy to report that everyone loved them, and I have not got any phone calls that anyone was sick from them. I guess I am good to go for Wednesday night. I made the shell's today and they are in the freezer waiting to be filled and cooked on Tuesday. I think that it is going to be Cherry and Dutch Apple for the Atwood folks!!!

No comments: