Friday, November 03, 2006

What a RIP

Last November mom took me up to the Grey Ox, which is this place in Lucknow where you can make your own gapevine trees, twig furniture, ect.
We went one nice Saturday morning and made a grapevine tree for me as part of my Christmas present. She had been up there the week before for their Open House, and while she was up there she enrolled us for the class. There was also this set of urns that caught her eyes, but she did not know what she would do with them. The lady had them filled with greenery for Christmas. From the time that she had been there for the open house, until the next weekend when we went to make the trees, she had also enrolled us in this class with a lady to teach us how to put together Christmas greenery in an arrangement.
She pondered about getting the urns to do our arrangements with, and finally decided on it and ordered them when we were up there doing my grapevine tree.
I was working in Wingham last year, so she sent me up to get them one day on my lunch hour. When I got up there all they were was this metal frame with no grapevine on it what so ever. I knew what my mom had paid for them, and thought that it was pretty expensive for just the metal frame of the urn. I talked to the lady about it, and she said that is all that my mom had paid for, and it would be another $75.00 for her to put this little bit of grapevine on them. WOW....$75.00 to go to the bush, get a little bit of grapevine, and wined it around the urns. I didn't even have to consider the thought of paying for her to complete the urns, I loaded them up, and took them home.
When I dropped my mom's off at her house, I told her that we could go to the bush and get our own grapevine and wined it around the earns for that price.
This is the weekend. Tomorrow morning Jill, mom and I are heading up the the Grey Ox for their open house, and then we are heading up to Jill's cottage because they have a bush across from it that has a whole bunch of grapevine in it.
After we get them done I will have to let you know weather it was worth the $75.00 for her to do it, or weather I made the right, cheap decision.

No comments: