Monday, November 27, 2006

Why is it when things happen, do they always happen in three's???

Last week seemed to be a week of things going wrong.
On Wednesday night I came home from work and went up and got changed. When I came down I thought that it felt awful cold in the house, and asked Curt if he had touched the thermostat. Being as he does not know how to operate the furnace, this was not possible. I looked at the temperature it read in the house, and it was sitting at 14oC. I told Curt to go down and check things out, as I was on my way out the door. When I got home it was @ 13, so I cranked the heat up to 32 to see if the furnace would kick in. With no luck the next morning it was 10oC in the house.
Wednesday night when Curt got home from hockey the garage door wouldn't go down so he started playing around with it. He got no ware with it, except into a deeper hole. It would sound like it was going to go down, but didn't move. He come up and got me out of bed at 12:30a.m. to see if I could help him get it at least down for the night. After 45min. of fighting, all we could do is park the car in front of the garage, and take any valuable stuff into the house. I hardly got any sleep that night thinking that someone might go into the garage and clean out our freezer, take the beer, or even our bikes!!!
I called my dad the next morning, and asked him to come over and take a look at it. It look's like the plastic bearings are stripped on our garage door opener, so we have to buy a kit to replace that, and he could not fix our furnace, so he had to call a repair man...$$$$. It could have been worse though, it was only a loose wire!!! He did inform my dad when he was there though that our furnace was really old, and we need to replace it shortly, which would run us about $3500.00.........GREAT!!!!
Friday morning I took my car to get the oil changed, and when they were doing it they thought that there was something that need replaced in the engine with a price tag of about $1000.00. I got a report back in the afternoon that they just thought that I needed something flushed out, and it was only going to set me back $89.99....a savings of $910.01....thank god.
I just wonder, why when things happen can they not hit us one month at a time instead of all at once, and to boot, the month before Christmas?????????

No comments: