Friday, November 03, 2006

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Christmas is my most favorite time of the year.
As soon as Halloween is over, all hell breaks loose around our house, and the many, many tote boxes of Christmas decorations get brought up from the basement and begin to get emptied.
On Wednesday night I went down and sorted through all of the decorations downstairs, and made a very large pile of stuff for Curt to take upstairs. I took down off the fall decorations and did the dusting in preparation for the Christmas stuff to be brought out.
Last night the fun began. It was the perfect night to get into the Christmas spirit with all of the snow falling. I got home from work, had dinner, and got to it. It was a big night for my television shows, but I managed to watch/listen to them as I got all my stuff out.
I am happy to report that all totes are emptied, except the one with the lites and the garland in it (those will be emptied this weekend), the tree is up, but not decorated (that will be getting done tonight), and everything is in its place (well, it will be by the Sunday night).
For those of you that are on the countdown........here is something that my mom sent me today, knowing that I would really enjoy it!!!!!
http://home.valornet.com/sabruf2/countchr.html

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Sandi...I could appreciate putting some decorations out slowly, but the lights & tree already???? I think you might be rushing things a little!