Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The Ghosts and Goblin's Where OUT!!!!

Last night it was Halloween, and we were ready.
Monday night Destiny and I made up popcorn balls and special candy bags with some of the good candy for all of my trick-r-treater's that I know, and I pulled all the reject candy (the stuff that we don't like) from the boxes, and threw it into a bowl for all the other kids.
We did not take a count of the kids that we had around, but I can pretty much guess it to be in the high 20's. Last year we had 45-50, so our numbers were way down. Everyone else that I have talked to about it said that they did not have near as many kids as in years past either. I thought that will a P.A. Day for the kids today, and the night being so nice that we would have more then last year, but I guess my anticipation was wrong.
Lexy and I both dressed the part...her in her pumpkin costume, and me and my pumpkin pj's.
We only had a few kids that came around that we knew:
Cloe:

Hayleigh & Emily:

Paige & Destiny (sorry...no pics)

The best Goblin that showed up on our door step was this short bald guy that was all by himself with a garbage bag over his head. He came to the door, and Curt answered it. We kind of felt sorry for this kid, as he was out all by himself, in a pretty pathetic costum, so we filled his bag with candy and sent him on his way............I hope that you didn't get a tummy ach from all of the candy Harrison!!!!!!!!!!!

All that is left is to put the candy away in the cupboard because to me...out of sit, out of mind, and by the time I remember it is up there, Curt will have it all ate.

Tonight on the agenda: Halloween decorations away, Christmas decorations out!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Christa said...

The popcorn balls were delicious! Hayleigh left one with Papa because he was whining about not getting one. As we were leaving their house she turned around and said to him, "You make sure you share that with Granny!"