Monday, July 02, 2007

And the WINNER Is..........

Yesterday was the Atwood Loin's 50th Anniversary for their July 1st Celebrations. For as long as I can remember, we have always been to the celebration in Atwood on July 1st. As a kid you would go and play the games, and see how many neet summer toys that you could win to keep yourself occupied for the rest of the summer!!!!
The Loin's also hold a draw, where they sell tickets about 6 months ahead of time, and each meeting that they have leading up to the celebration they draw early bird tickets that people can win $50.00, and then the day of the celebration they hold an elimination draw, and every so many tickets will be winners of $100.00, and the second last ticket drawn wins $1000.00, with the last one winning $2000.00.
My dad is an member of the Loin's club, so he has to sell these tickets, and a couple of weeks ago he was complaining that he had not sold a winner yet. Well, at the end of yesterday, he was handed 8 cheques, for tickets that he had sold, to deliver to the winners.
For as long as I can remember I have always had a ticket in the draw. When we were younger, Cara and I always had to share one, but I never remember winning anything. Well, this morning my dad delivered this to me:
I guess that makes up for the years that I won nothing. I will probably never win anything from it again, but oh well, it was a good year for the winning to happen!!!! (but notice that there is only one person's name on the cheque.....sorry about your luck Curt, I guess next year you will get your $20.00 out when someone asks you to buy a ticket!!!!!!!)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

You lucky girl. I am sure that money has many options of where to be spent this summer!

There wasn't by chance another cheque with my name on it was there?