Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Day Before the Big Day

Friday morning I got up nice and early and got some running around done before we headed down to Waterloo for the wedding. My mom came over to pick me up at 11:00, and this is how we found the cake when we opened the back to pack my bag:
Cara reacted very well!!!! I am glad that it happened to her, and not to me in 9.5 weeks, because I am not sure that I would have been as calm as she was!!!!! The other girls headed to Waterloo to get checked into the room, and head to our pedicure appointments, and mom and I headed back to her house so that we could mix a big bowl of icing to mend the cake later on.
After we went to the hotel and unpacked the vehicles, we met up with the rest of them at our appointment, and we all were able to sit and get pampered for an hour.
After our pampering, we went to the mall to pick up a few things, and back to the hotel, and out for dinner. We decided to go the Keg for dinner, and by coincidence only, we had Cara's high school sweat heart as a waiter. It was hilarious to see her face when she seen that it was him that would be serving us. He was a good sport about it, as we told him that it was her last night as a free women, and he treated us to a huge piece of cheesecake at the end of our meal.
After we were done with dinner, we headed back to the hotel, and put the baskets together that went in the rooms of the people that were spending the night in the hotel, and then went for a nice hot tub.
By the time we all got our nails done, our eyebrows tinted, and our messed feet fixed, it was like 1:30, and we all got tucked into bed.....we had to try to get a few hour of sleep for our very big day!!!!!

No comments: