Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The Big Day - 07/07/07

Well, my little sister got married the past weekend. I had heard on the radio a few weeks ago that 07/07/07 was the most popular wedding day of all time, but you would have never been able to tell. Not anywhere that we went did you see another wedding party.
Saturday morning we were up bright and early and had our baths/showers and got ready to go and get our hair and make-up done. We went to a salon in Kitchener, so we were all able to get our hair done at the same time.
We grabbed some lunch when we were finished, and then headed back to the hotel to get ready for the wedding. I went down to the ballroom when we got home to put all the favours out on the tables for Cara, and to check everything out, before I got ready. The photographer was early, so I had to run around getting ready, and by the time I was ready, I had to re-do some of my make-up and my hair because I had worked up quite a sweat in my hurry.
The day went by soooo fast. I can only imagine what it will be like for me in a little over 9 weeks. It is a blur of events from the time that I got dressed, until the time that I went to bed.
It was the most relaxed wedding that I think that anyone could have been in. From sitting getting papered the day before, to sitting and eating lunch in a restaurant 2 hours before the wedding. It was amazing. I said that they better not expect to be doing that stuff the day of mine though. Since we are doing all the decorating, and the wedding is at my parents, I don't think that it will be quite that relaxed.
I have so many photos of the day, I could not pick just a few to post on her, so I will give you the website so you can check them all out:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=35602&l=04e29&id=807100376
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=35499&l=4fbd4&id=807100376

No comments: