Monday, July 02, 2007

Summer Fun

Well we are almost to the end of another long weekend, and what great weather we had for this one. It was a little cool in the nights, but the days were wonderful. We decided last week that we had enough stuff to do around the house that we would just stay at home for the weekend, instead of head up to the cottage.
Friday night we went to Clint and Trisha's for dinner to celebrate Trisha's birthday and then we went to the outdoor dance in Atwood. It was very cold out there, and I don't think that there were too many people over the age of 21 there. I felt OLD!!! We came home around 11:30 and I got into my warm bed.
We are going to end our l
Saturday Curt and the guys went golfing, and I did some cleaning, got some groceries, did some running around, and then I sat out by the pool, and attempted to write my speech for Cara and Justin's wedding. After the guys come home they went in the pool, and we had a BBQ, and a massive game of boccie ball.
Sunday we were over in Atwood all day for the Canada Day celebrations. There was a parade, a ball tournament, and the beer gardens. We had dinner there, it was a pork chop BBQ, and came home after dinner. We went to the hot tub, and watch a few fireworks in the neighbor hood from there, and then went to bed.
Today was a work day. I finished my speech, got all of the wedding invitations ready to go out, and Curt cleaned the garage, and got the hose reel put together for our garden hose. After he was done he had worked up a sweat, and decided to cool down in the pool. We have to take the water out of it (at least our lawn will get a good drink), and put it away until August know, as we do not have another weekend were we will be home to sit in it, until then. We are just about to head over to my parents place for dinner.
We are going to end our long weekend, with a BBQ....yum, yum!!!!
I hope that everyone had a wonder, and safe Canada Day weekend!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: