Saturday, October 28, 2006

A Day of Fall Creations

Today was full of adventures and activities all about fall.
We first got bundled up and mom, Curt and I headed out to the bush to look for pine cones. I am sad to report that we did not find the type of cone that I was looking for. We found lots of the long skinny cones, that you usually find on most pine trees, but not the small, round, fat ones. I am not sure what I am going to do for this project of mine that I need them for, but if worse comes to worse, then I have found somewhere that I can order them from over the internet. I have one last hope though. I have a amish lady that is looking in Millbank for me, and she said that she would bring some in to the bank, and if they are the right shape and size, then I can go and pick them. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!!!
When we got back from our hike in the bush, we carved our pumpkins. I was going to do it last night, when Curt went to the hockey game, but he informed me that he would like to do it too, so it would be nice of me to wait until he was around to do it. So last night, while he was out enjoying himself, I did the best part of it....scrapping out the grinds.
When I was a little kid, and we carved pumpkins, I always remembered my mom taking the pulp and sorting out the seeds, and roasting them for us as a treat, so that is what I did. I always remember the great aroma that the roasting pumpkin seeds left in the kitchen, and I got a little taste of my childhood memories this afternoon when I roasted ours.
So we had two pumpkins to carve, one for Curt, and one for me, and here is our end results.............Bet you can't you guess which one is mine, and which is Curtis's???????????????????

No comments: