Monday, October 16, 2006

Just call me Betty Crocker!!!

In the past 2.5 years that Curt and I have lived together, I can not recall one occasion that I have baked.
I am not a real baker, I am more of cook. Well....that all changed yesterday.
Last week I decided that I was going to bake some cookies muffins to have around the house. I do not usually buy cookies, and Curt really likes them, so I decided that I would bake some. While I was at it, I thought that I would make a batch of muffins so that I could freeze them and take them for my breakfast in the mornings.
We woke up yesterday morning and went and got all of the supplies that we needed for the day of baking.
When I got home I pretty much found everything else to do before I had to start with the baking. I had to clean out the fridge after we had brought home all of our groceries. Then I had to organize my cupboards...because I had been meaning to do that for months. I did some laundry, and then decided that it was time. I got the flour, sugar, and eggs out, and went to town.
I am happy to report that we did not burn anything, nothing stuck to the pan, and we know have a fresh batch of raspberry muffins (Curt really did not like them, but they are a Weight Watcher's recipe...so really, hardly any sugar ='s Curt disapproval), and about 2 dozen peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. I brought some cookies to work today, and the girls really liked them, and they are still kickn' this afternoon, so I think that I did o.k.

No comments: